Clubhouse of the Houston Launch Club at Harrisburg, c. 1910
Houston Launch Club on Buffalo Bayou in Harrisburg across from Brady Island. The building, constructed in 1910, was designed by R. D. Steele and was destroyed by fire in the 1930s, years after the Launch Club had become the Houston Yacht Club and relocated to Galveston Bay in 1927.
Houston Yacht Club Archives, LaPorte, Texas
Houston Yacht Club via Rice University
Published in book form as part of “From Buffalo Bayou to Galveston Bay : the history of the Houston Yacht Club” by HYC Fleet Historian Dora F. (Sam) Akkerman, 2nd edition, 2008, Houston Yacht Club, publisher.
Houston Yacht Club
This material is in the public domain. Creative Commons license: Attribution 3.0 Unported.
View full digital object online at https://scholarship.rice.edu/handle/1911/37728
Is Part Of
Houston Waterways collections online at https://scholarship.rice.edu/handle/1911/36090 and http://digital.houstonlibrary.org/ (search "waterways").